|Results → Line clip filter
|Introduced in version
|FEM Result pipeline, FEM tutorial
Plots the values of a field along a specified line.
A line clip filter inside a Region clip filter.
The Region clip filter is the semi-transparent object.
The part of the line outside the Region clip filter is set to a value of zero and therefore appears blue.
- Select a previously created result pipeline or another filter.
- Invoke the command either by:
- Pressing the button Line clip filter.
- Using the menu Results → Line clip filter.
- Specify the coordinates of two points defining the line along which the results are to be evaluated. Optionally, press the Select Points button and pick the points manually on the surface of the mesh.
- Optionally, specify the Resolution.
- Select a Field from the expandable list.
- Press the Create Plot button. An XY plot of the field value versus the line length will be created in a separate window.
- Click the OK button to finish the command.
- Solve: CalculiX Standard, CalculiX (new framework), Elmer, Mystran, Z88; Equations: Deformation, Elasticity, Electrostatic, Electricforce, Magnetodynamic, Magnetodynamic 2D, Flow, Flux, Heat; Solver: Solver control, Solver run
- Results: Purge, Show; Postprocessing: Apply changes, Pipeline from result, Warp filter, Scalar clip filter, Function cut filter, Region clip filter, Contours filter, Line clip filter, Stress linearization plot, Data at point clip filter, Filter function plane, Filter function sphere, Filter function cylinder, Filter function box
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web