|Results → Region clip filter|
|Introduced in version|
|FEM Result pipeline, FEM Filter functions, FEM tutorial|
Clips a field using a sphere or a plane cutting through the model.
A region cut filter with a sphere as cut function.
The original pipeline is the semi-transparent object.
- Select a previously created result pipeline.
- Invoke the command either by:
- Adjust the Result display options like for the result pipeline. You might need to hide the pipeline to see the effect of the filter in the preview.
- If there is no filter function defined yet, press the button and select Plane or Sphere
- Choose an existing filter function from the list. If needed, adjust the cut parameters to make sure that it intersects the model. Note that changed cut parameters will also change the parameters of the used filter function.
- The model will be clipped using the filter function. Select the Inside Out option to invert the cut. Select the Cut Cells option to smooth the clipped region by eliminating parts of finite elements that are sticking out.
- Click the button to finish the command.
Note: If there exist not yet a filter function, you can only directly set a Field after its creation when Apply Changes is on. Otherwise you can first do this after reopening the filter dialog.