|Context menu on mesh object → Clear FEM mesh
|Introduced in version
Enables the user to reiniitialize the mesh from the FreeCAD FEM mesh object. The mesh still exists but does not have any vertices, edges, faces or elements.
The meshing information, Netgen/Gmsh parameters, mesh regions, mesh groups and mesh boundary layer remain in the Model Tree, which means the mesh can be reproduced later.
The main use of this function is to lighten the FreeCAD file, either to improve performance when using FreeCAD, to save disk space or enable easy transfer of files without losing meshing data.
- Right-click a Netgen or Gmsh FEM mesh object in the Tree view.
- Select the Clear FEM mesh option from the context menu.
The objects in the Model Tree are maintained because they represent the meshing data, but the mesh is now cleared from the FreeCAD file.
- Solve: CalculiX Standard, CalculiX (new framework), Elmer, Mystran, Z88; Equations: Deformation, Elasticity, Electrostatic, Electricforce, Magnetodynamic, Magnetodynamic 2D, Flow, Flux, Heat; Solver: Solver control, Solver run
- Results: Purge, Show; Postprocessing: Apply changes, Pipeline from result, Warp filter, Scalar clip filter, Function cut filter, Region clip filter, Contours filter, Line clip filter, Stress linearization plot, Data at point clip filter, Filter function plane, Filter function sphere, Filter function cylinder, Filter function box
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web