|Model → Element Geometry → Shell plate thickness
|Introduced in version
ElementGeometry2D is used to define the thickness of shell FEM elements, all or lying on the chosen surface.
- There are several ways to invoke the command:
- Press the Shell plate thickness button.
- Select the Model → Element Geometry → Shell plate thickness option from the menu.
- Specify the shell thickness.
- Optionally press the Add button in the task panel and then click on the face you want to have a prescribed thickness. If the face selection is empty, all remaining faces (whose thickness is not defined by other FEM ElementGeometry2D objects) will be automatically assigned.
- Currently, analyses combining shell elements with solid or edge elements are not supported.
DataThickness: specifies the thickness of the shell.
For viewing results from CalculiX solver on the mesh expanded to the prescribed thickness, property
Beam Shell Result Output 3D in the FEM SolverCalculixCxxtools need to be set to
- Solve: CalculiX Standard, Elmer, Mystran, Z88; Equations: Deformation, Elasticity, Electrostatic, Electricforce, Magnetodynamic, Magnetodynamic 2D, Flow, Flux, Heat; Solver: Solver control, Solver run
- Results: Purge, Show; Postprocessing: Apply changes, Pipeline from result, Warp filter, Scalar clip filter, Function cut filter, Region clip filter, Contours filter, Line clip filter, Stress linearization plot, Data at point clip filter, Filter function plane, Filter function sphere, Filter function cylinder, Filter function box
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web