|Model → Mechanical Constraints → Constraint self weight|
|Introduced in version|
Defines gravity acceleration 9,81 m/s^2 acting on the whole model in the prescribed direction.
- There are several ways to invoke the command:
- You can modify the direction of gravitation by changing its vector coordinates in the property bar of newly created ConstraintSelfWeight object.
import ObjectsFem ObjectsFem.makeConstraintSelfWeight(name)
Add object to the analysis named Analysis:
App.ActiveDocument.Analysis.Member = App.ActiveDocument.Analysis.Member + [(object)]
import ObjectsFem selfweight_obj = ObjectsFem.makeConstraintSelfWeight("MySelfWeightObject") App.ActiveDocument.Analysis.Member = App.ActiveDocument.Analysis.Member + [selfweight_obj]
- You need to modify the .inp file to edit gravity acceleration.
- Self-weight is applied to the element set Eall which includes the whole model.
Editing CalculiX input file
The acceleration constant can be manually edited after generating the CalculiX input file.
Example of lines in the .inp file:
where 9810 is a gravity acceleration magnitude in [mm/s^2], and 0,0,-1 is the direction vector.
- not implemented in Z88 solver (March 2017)