|Model → Geometrical analysis features → Plane multi-point constraint
|Introduced in version
|FEM Constraint transform
Creates a FEM constraint for keeping the nodes in a planar surface in the same plane.
- There are several ways to invoke the command:
- Press the FEM ConstraintPlaneRotation button.
- Select the Model → Geometrical analysis features → Plane multi-point constraint option from the menu.
- In the 3D view select the object the constraint should be applied to, which can be a face.
- Plane rotation constraint can only be applied to a single planar face.
- When a plane rotation constraint is applied to the same face as a displacement/fixed constraint, the displacement/fixed constraint takes preference.
- The constraint uses the *MPC card in CalculiX. The card is explained in detail at http://web.mit.edu/calculix_v2.7/CalculiX/ccx_2.7/doc/ccx/node220.html
- Solve: CalculiX Standard, CalculiX (new framework), Elmer, Mystran, Z88; Equations: Deformation, Elasticity, Electrostatic, Electricforce, Magnetodynamic, Magnetodynamic 2D, Flow, Flux, Heat; Solver: Solver control, Solver run
- Results: Purge, Show; Postprocessing: Apply changes, Pipeline from result, Warp filter, Scalar clip filter, Function cut filter, Region clip filter, Contours filter, Line clip filter, Stress linearization plot, Data at point clip filter, Filter function plane, Filter function sphere, Filter function cylinder, Filter function box
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web