|Model → Thermal Constraints → Constraint heatflux
|Introduced in version
This constraint specifies film heat transfer of a surface at temperature T and with a film coefficient h to the environment or sink at temperature T0. The convective heat flux q will satisfy: q = h(T -T0)
- There are several ways to invoke the command:
- Press the FEM ConstraintHeatflux button.
- Select the Model → Thermal Constraints → Constraint heatflux option from the menu.
- In the 3D view select the face(s) the constraint should be applied to.
- Enter the desired surface temperature, heat transfer coefficient and environment temperature.
- Solve: CalculiX Standard, CalculiX (new framework), Elmer, Mystran, Z88; Equations: Deformation, Elasticity, Electrostatic, Electricforce, Magnetodynamic, Magnetodynamic 2D, Flow, Flux, Heat; Solver: Solver control, Solver run
- Results: Purge, Show; Postprocessing: Apply changes, Pipeline from result, Warp filter, Scalar clip filter, Function cut filter, Region clip filter, Contours filter, Line clip filter, Stress linearization plot, Data at point clip filter, Filter function plane, Filter function sphere, Filter function cylinder, Filter function box
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web