The Draft annotation scale widget can be used to specify the Draft annotation scale. This scale determines the ViewScale Multiplier of new Draft Texts, Draft Dimensions and Draft Labels. The widget is available in the Draft Workbench and the Arch Workbench. It is an optional GUI element that is located in the Status bar.
The Draft annotation scale widget
- Press the x:x button in the Status bar. The button displays the current annotation scale.
- The scale menu opens.
- Do one of the following:
- Select one of the standard scales.
- Select the custom option:
- In the dialog box that opens enter a custom scale using the
x:x or the
- Press Enter or the OK button.
The menu of the widget
See also: Preferences Editor and Draft Preferences.
- The Draft annotation scale widget is optional: Edit → Preferences... → Draft → User interface settings → Draft Statusbar → Annotation scale widget.
- To change the annotation scale without the widget: Tools → Edit parameters... → BaseApp → Preferences → Mod → Draft → DraftAnnotationScale. The scale is defined by a single number. For a scale of
- Drafting: Line, Polyline, Fillet, Arc, Arc by 3 points, Circle, Ellipse, Rectangle, Polygon, B-spline, Cubic Bézier curve, Bézier curve, Point, Facebinder, ShapeString, Hatch
- Annotation: Text, Dimension, Label, Annotation styles, Annotation scale
- Modification: Move, Rotate, Scale, Mirror, Offset, Trimex, Stretch, Clone, Array, Polar array, Circular array, Path array, Path Link array, Point Array, Point Link array, Edit, Subelement highlight, Join, Split, Upgrade, Downgrade, Wire to B-spline, Draft to Sketch, Set slope, Flip dimension, Shape 2D view
- Draft Tray: Select Plane, Set style, Toggle construction mode, AutoGroup
- Snapping: Snap Lock, Snap Endpoint, Snap Midpoint, Snap Center, Snap Angle, Snap Intersection, Snap Perpendicular, Snap Extension, Snap Parallel, Snap Special, Snap Near, Snap Ortho, Snap Grid, Snap WorkingPlane, Snap Dimensions, Toggle Grid
- Miscellaneous: Layer, Add a new named group, Move to group, Select group, Add to Construction group, Toggle normal/wireframe display, Create working plane proxy, Apply current style, Heal, Toggle continue mode, Show snap toolbar
- Additional:: Constraining, Pattern, Preferences, Import Export Preferences, DXF/DWG, SVG, OCA, DAT
- Context menu:
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Deprecated or unmaintained workbenches: Complete, Drawing, Robot