|Utilities → Toggle construction mode
|Introduced in version
|Draft AddConstruction, Draft AutoGroup
The Draft ToggleConstructionMode command switches Draft construction mode on or off. If construction mode is on new Draft objects are placed in a dedicated group and given a predefined color. This feature is intended for, often temporary, construction geometry used to provide new snap points for creating other objects. When the construction geometry is no longer needed the construction group can easily be hidden or deleted.
Construction geometry, in blue, used to determine the center and radius of a circle
- There are several ways to invoke the command:
- Press the Draft Tray. This button is depressed if Draft construction mode is currently on. button in the
- Select the Utilities → Toggle construction mode option from the menu.
- Use the keyboard shortcut: then .
- The button in the Draft Tray is updated.
- If Draft construction mode is switched on the active layer is ignored.
- To change the label of the construction group: Edit → Preferences... → Draft → General → Construction group label.
- To change the color that is used: Edit → Preferences... → Draft → General → Construction geometry color.