|Modification → Stretch|
|Introduced in version|
Stretching three Draft Wires
- Optionally select one or more objects. The objects must be Draft Lines, Draft Wires, Draft Rectangles, Draft BSplines or Draft BezCurves. Other objects are ignored.
- There are several ways to invoke the command:
- If you have not yet selected an object: select an object in the 3D view.
- The Stretch task panel opens. See Options for more information.
- Pick the first point, one corner of a rectangular selection area, in the 3D view, or type coordinates and press the button.
- Pick the second point, the opposite corner of the selection area, in the 3D view, or type coordinates and press the button.
- The points of the selected objects that are inside the selection area are marked.
- Pick the third point, the base point, in the 3D view, or type coordinates and press the button.
- Pick the fourth point, the target point, in the 3D view, or type coordinates and press the button.
The single character keyboard shortcuts mentioned here can be changed. See Draft Preferences.
- To manually enter coordinates enter the X, Y and Z component, and press 3D view before entering coordinates. after each. Or you can press the button when you have the desired values. It is advisable to move the pointer out of the
- Press or click the Relative checkbox to toggle relative mode. If relative mode is on, the coordinates of the second point of the displacement are relative to the first point, else they are relative to the coordinate system origin.
- Press working plane coordinate system. introduced in version 0.20 or click the Global checkbox to toggle global mode. If global mode is on, coordinates are relative to the global coordinate system, else they are relative to the
- Press Draft snapping on or off. to switch
- Press or the button to abort the command.
- To change the number of decimals used for the input of coordinates: Edit → Preferences... → General → Units → Units settings → Number of decimals.
There is no Python method to stretch objects. To emulate the results of the Draft Stretch command geometric properties of objects have to be modified.