|Drafting → Line|
|Introduced in version|
A Draft Line is in fact a Draft Wire with only two points.
Line defined by two points
- There are several ways to invoke the command:
- The Line task panel opens. See Options for more information.
- Pick the first point in the 3D view, or type coordinates and press the button.
- Pick the second point in the 3D view, or type coordinates and press the button.
The single character keyboard shortcuts available in the task panel can be changed. See Draft Preferences. The shortcuts mentioned here are the default shortcuts.
- To manually enter coordinates enter the X, Y and Z component, and press 3D view before entering coordinates. after each. Or you can press the button when you have the desired values. It is advisable to move the pointer out of the
- To use polar coordinates enter a value for the Length and a value for the Angle, and press after each.
- Check the Angle checkbox to constrain the pointer to the specified angle.
- Press to change the focus from the X input box to the Length input box and back. Depending on the input box that receives the focus the Angle checkbox is checked or unchecked.
- Press or click the Relative checkbox to toggle relative mode. If relative mode is on, the coordinates of the second point are relative to the first point, else they are relative to the coordinate system origin.
- Press working plane coordinate system. introduced in version 0.20 or click the Global checkbox to toggle global mode. If global mode is on, coordinates are relative to the global coordinate system, else they are relative to the
- Press or click the Continue checkbox to toggle continue mode. If continue mode is on, the command will restart after finishing, allowing you to continue creating lines.
- Press Draft snapping on or off. to switch
- Press or the button to abort the command.
- A Draft Line can be edited with the Draft Edit command.
- Draft Lines and Draft Wires can be joined with the Draft Wire command, the Draft Join command or the Draft Upgrade command.
- To change the initial focus of the task panel to the Length input box: Edit → Preferences... → Draft → General → Set focus on Length instead of X coordinate. Note that you must move the pointer in the 3D view for the change to take effect.
- If the Edit → Preferences... → Draft → General → Create Part primitives if possible option is checked, the command will create a Part Line instead of a Draft Line.
See Draft Wire.
To create a Draft Line use the
make_line method (introduced in version 0.19) of the Draft module. This method replaces the deprecated
line = make_line(p1, p2) line = make_line(LineSegment) line = make_line(Shape)
- Creates a
Lineobject between points
p2, each defined by its
FreeCAD.Vector, with units in millimeters.
- Creates a
Lineobject from a
- Creates a
Lineobject from the first vertex to the last vertex of the given
import FreeCAD as App import Draft doc = App.newDocument() p1 = App.Vector(0, 0, 0) p2 = App.Vector(1000, 500, 0) p3 = App.Vector(-250, -500, 0) p4 = App.Vector(500, 1000, 0) line1 = Draft.make_line(p1, p2) line2 = Draft.make_line(p3, p4) doc.recompute()