|Drafting → Facebinder|
|Introduced in version|
The Draft Facebinder command creates a surface object from selected faces. A Draft Facebinder is parametric, it will update if you modify its source object(s).
It can be used to create an extrusion from a collection of faces. This extrusion can for example represent a wall finish in architectural design.
Facebinder created from the faces of walls
- Select one or more faces.
- There are several ways to invoke the command:
- Press the Draft Facebinder button.
- Select the Drafting → Facebinder option from the menu.
- Use the keyboard shortcut: F then F.
See also: Property editor.
A Draft Facebinder object is derived from a Part Feature object and inherits all its properties. It also has the following additional properties:
- DataArea (
Area): (read-only) specifies the total area of the linked faces of the facebinder.
- DataExtrusion (
Distance): specifies the extrusion thickness of the facebinder.
- DataFaces (
LinkSubList): specifies the linked faces of the facebinder.
- DataOffset (
Distance): specifies an offset distance to apply between the facebinder and the original faces, prior to extrusion.
- DataRemove Splitter (
Bool): Specifies whether to remove splitter lines that divide co-planar faces of the facebinder.
- DataSew (
Bool): Specifies whether to perform a topological sewing operation on the facebinder.
- ViewPattern (
Enumeration): specifies the Draft Pattern with which to fill the faces of the facebinder. This property only works if ViewDisplay Mode is
- ViewPattern Size (
Float): specifies the size of the Draft Pattern.
See also: Autogenerated API documentation and FreeCAD Scripting Basics.
To create a Draft Facebinder use the
make_facebinder method (introduced in version 0.19) of the Draft module. This method replaces the deprecated
facebinder = make_facebinder(selectionset)
- Creates a
facebinderobject from the given
selectionset, which is a list of
SelectionObjects as returned by
FreeCADGui.Selection.getSelectionEx(). Only selected faces are taken into account.
selectionsetcan also be a
PropertyLinkSubList is a list of tuples; each tuple contains as first element an
object, and as second element a list (or tuple) of strings; these strings indicate the names of the sub-elements (faces) of that object.
PropertyLinkSubList = [tuple1, tuple2, tuple3, ...] PropertyLinkSubList = [(object1, list1), (object2, list2), (object3, list3), ...] PropertyLinkSubList = [(object1, ['Face1', 'Face4', 'Face6']), ...] PropertyLinkSubList = [(object1, ('Face1', 'Face4', 'Face6')), ...]
The thickness of the Facebinder can be added by overwriting its
Extrusion attribute; the value is entered in millimeters.
The placement of the Facebinder can be changed by overwriting its
Placement attribute, or by individually overwriting its
import FreeCAD as App import FreeCADGui as Gui import Draft doc = App.newDocument() # Insert a solid box box = doc.addObject("Part::Box", "Box") box.Length = 2300 box.Width = 800 box.Height = 1000 # selection = Gui.Selection.getSelectionEx() selection = [(box, ("Face1", "Face6"))] facebinder = Draft.make_facebinder(selection) facebinder.Extrusion = 50 doc.recompute() facebinder.Placement.Base = App.Vector(1000, -1000, 100) facebinder.ViewObject.ShapeColor = (0.99, 0.99, 0.4) doc.recompute()
- Drafting: Line, Polyline, Fillet, Arc, Arc by 3 points, Circle, Ellipse, Rectangle, Polygon, B-spline, Cubic Bézier curve, Bézier curve, Point, Facebinder, ShapeString, Hatch
- Annotation: Text, Dimension, Label, Annotation styles, Annotation scale
- Modification: Move, Rotate, Scale, Mirror, Offset, Trimex, Stretch, Clone, Array, Polar array, Circular array, Path array, Path Link array, Point Array, Point Link array, Edit, Subelement highlight, Join, Split, Upgrade, Downgrade, Wire to B-spline, Draft to Sketch, Set slope, Flip dimension, Shape 2D view
- Draft Tray: Select Plane, Set style, Toggle construction mode, AutoGroup
- Snapping: Snap Lock, Snap Endpoint, Snap Midpoint, Snap Center, Snap Angle, Snap Intersection, Snap Perpendicular, Snap Extension, Snap Parallel, Snap Special, Snap Near, Snap Ortho, Snap Grid, Snap WorkingPlane, Snap Dimensions, Toggle Grid
- Miscellaneous: Apply current style, Layer, Manage layers, Add a new named group, Move to group, Select group, Add to Construction group, Toggle normal/wireframe display, Create working plane proxy, Heal, Toggle continue mode, Show snap toolbar
- Additional: Constraining, Pattern, Preferences, Import Export Preferences, DXF/DWG, SVG, OCA, DAT
- Context menu:
- Layer container: Merge layer duplicates, Add new layer
- Layer: Activate this layer, Select layer contents
- Working plane proxy: Write camera position, Write objects state
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Hubs: User hub, Power users hub, Developer hub