Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Utilities → Move to group...|
|Introduced in version|
|Std Group, Draft AddNamedGroup, Draft AddConstruction, Draft AutoGroup|
The Draft AddToGroup command moves objects to a Std Group. It can also ungroup objects.
In FreeCAD version 0.20 the command can also handle group-like Arch objects.
- Select one or more objects.
- There are several ways to invoke the command:
- Press the Draft AddToGroup button.
- Select the Utilities → Move to group... option from the menu.
- Select the Utilities → Move to group... option from the Tree view or 3D view context menu.
- A menu is displayed near the cursor. Do one of the following:
- Select Ungroup to move the objects out of the group(s) they are in.
- Select the group you want to move the objects to.
- Select + Add new group to move the objects to a new group: introduced in version 0.20
- The Add group task panel opens.
- Enter a Group name.
- Press the OK button.
- Objects can also be moved to a group by drag and dropping them on the group in the Tree view.
- This command can be used to move objects to the Draft construction group, but, contrary to the Draft AddConstruction command, it does not apply the construction geometry color.
- For more information about organizing your model see Document structure and Arch tutorial.
- Drafting: Line, Polyline, Fillet, Arc, Arc by 3 points, Circle, Ellipse, Rectangle, Polygon, B-spline, Cubic Bézier curve, Bézier curve, Point, Facebinder, ShapeString, Hatch
- Annotation: Text, Dimension, Label, Annotation styles, Annotation scale
- Modification: Move, Rotate, Scale, Mirror, Offset, Trimex, Stretch, Clone, Array, Polar array, Circular array, Path array, Path Link array, Point Array, Point Link array, Edit, Subelement highlight, Join, Split, Upgrade, Downgrade, Wire to B-spline, Draft to Sketch, Set slope, Flip dimension, Shape 2D view
- Draft Tray: Select Plane, Set style, Toggle construction mode, AutoGroup
- Snapping: Snap Lock, Snap Endpoint, Snap Midpoint, Snap Center, Snap Angle, Snap Intersection, Snap Perpendicular, Snap Extension, Snap Parallel, Snap Special, Snap Near, Snap Ortho, Snap Grid, Snap WorkingPlane, Snap Dimensions, Toggle Grid
- Miscellaneous: Apply current style, Layer, Manage layers, Add a new named group, Move to group, Select group, Add to Construction group, Toggle normal/wireframe display, Create working plane proxy, Heal, Toggle continue mode, Show snap toolbar
- Additional: Constraining, Pattern, Preferences, Import Export Preferences, DXF/DWG, SVG, OCA, DAT
- Context menu:
- Layer container: Merge layer duplicates, Add new layer
- Layer: Activate this layer, Select layer contents
- Working plane proxy: Write camera position, Write objects state
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Hubs: User hub, Power users hub, Developer hub