Current stable version
The 0.19.3 release of FreeCAD (24366) was published on 2021-12-04. To find out what's new, see the release notes.
You can find SHA256 checksums to verify the integrity of your download on the 0.19.3 release page.
Previous versions can be downloaded from the releases page.
64-bit (includes installer)
Notes for Windows users
- The following Windows versions are supported: 7/8/10/11.
- A portable version that doesn't need installation is available on the releases page.
- The package can also be installed from the Chocolatey manager.
Notes for Mac OS X users
Mac OS X 10.12 Sierra is the minimum supported version.
Notes for GNU/Linux users
Most distributions carry FreeCAD in their official repositories, however, if the distribution doesn't follow a rolling release model the version they provide might be outdated. Instead you can download the AppImage above, mark it as executable and launch it without installation.
Please see the Installing on Linux page for more installation options, including daily packages for Ubuntu and derivatives.
A portable version that doesn't need installation can be achieved by starting FreeCAD with these commands: introduced in version 0.19
cd path/to/directory_containing_AppImage/ chmod +x ./FreeCAD_0.19-24366-Linux-Conda_glibc2.12-x86_64.AppImage HOME="$PWD/Settings" FREECAD_USER_HOME="$PWD/Settings" ./FreeCAD_0.19-24366-Linux-Conda_glibc2.12-x86_64.AppImage
More information about FreeCAD's environment variables can be found on the configuration page.
FreeCAD's development is active.
- For Linux users, check out the development AppImage.
- For MacOS and Windows development builds and development source code, see the weekly builds page.
- To compile the latest source code, see compiling.
Additional modules and macros
The FreeCAD community provides many additional modules and macros. Since 0.17 they can be easily installed from within FreeCAD using the Addon manager .