Jump to navigation Jump to search
Additionally to the standard FreeCAD OBJ exporter, the Arch Workbench features an alternative exporter that exports coplanar faces as whole OBJ faces, instead of triangulating Shape-based objects, like the standard exporter does.
Exporting without GUI
Exporting without the graphical interface is possible from the command line, using the Mesh Workbench exporter only.
In this example, a STEP file is imported, the colors of the Shape are saved, then a mesh is created from it, the colors of the original object are re-applied to the faces of the new mesh, which is then exported to OBJ format. Since this is done with the Mesh Workbench, the result is a triangulated mesh.
import Mesh import MeshPart import Import data = Import.open("example.stp") shape = data.Shape shape_colors = data mesh = MeshPart.meshFromShape(Shape=shape, LinearDeflection=0.1, Segments=True) face_colors = [(0, 0, 0)] * mesh.CountFacets for i in range(mesh.countSegments()): color = shape_colors[i] segm = mesh.getSegment(i) for j in segm: face_colors[j] = color mesh.write(Filename="new_example.obj", Material=face_colors, Format="obj")
- Elements: Wall, Structure, Curtain Wall, Window, Roof, Space, Stairs, Equipment, Frame, Fence, Truss, Profile, Pipe, Pipe Connector
- Reinforcements: Straight Rebar, U-Shape Rebar, L-Shape Rebar, Stirrup, Bent-Shape Rebar, Helical Rebar, Column Reinforcement, Beam Reinforcement, Slab Reinforcement, Footing Reinforcement, Custom Rebar
- Panels: Panel, Panel Cut, Panel Sheet, Nest
- Materials: Material, Multi-Material
- Organization: Building Part, Project, Site, Building, Level, External reference, Section Plane, Schedule
- Axes: Axis, Axes system, Grid
- Modification: Cut with plane, Cut with line, Add component, Remove component, Survey
- Utilities: Component, Clone component, Split Mesh, Mesh to Shape, Select non-manifold meshes, Remove Shape from Arch, Close Holes, Merge Walls, Check, Toggle IFC Brep flag, 3 Views from mesh, Create IFC spreadsheet, Toggle Subcomponents
- Additional: Preferences, Import Export Preferences (IFC, DAE, OBJ, JSON, 3DS, SHP), IfcOpenShell, IfcPlusPlus, Arch API
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Hubs: User hub, Power users hub, Developer hub