|Arch → Axis tools → Axis System|
|Introduced in version|
|Arch Axis, Arch Grid|
This is useful to define the intersection points between the different axes. Arch objects can then use this system to duplicate their shape on the different intersection points.
- Optionally, select the Arch Axis objects you wish to include in this system.
- Press the button.
- Right-click the newly created axes system object in the tree view to add/edit the Arch Axis objects included in this system.
- Select any existing Arch Axis and press or buttons to add or remove it to/from this system.
- Set the DataAxis property of any Arch object to point to this system, to have its shape duplicated to the intersection points of this system.
- A same Arch Axis object can be part of more than one system
- Any shape-based object can also be used as the Axis property of Arch objects. In this case, the object shape will be duplicated along the vertices of the Axis object
AxisSystem = makeAxisSystem(axes, name="Axis System")
- Creates an
AxisSystemobject from the given
axes, which is a single Arch Axis, or a list of them.
import Draft, Arch Axes = Arch.makeAxis(5, 1000) Axes.ViewObject.LineWidth = 3 Axes.ViewObject.BubbleSize = 200 Axes.ViewObject.FontSize = 150 Axes2 = Arch.makeAxis(6, 500) Axes2.ViewObject.LineWidth = 2 Axes2.ViewObject.BubbleSize = 200 Axes2.ViewObject.FontSize = 150 Axes2.ViewObject.NumberingStyle = "A,B,C" FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.recompute() Axes2.Length = 6000 Draft.rotate(Axes2, -90) Draft.move(Axes2, FreeCAD.Vector(-1000, 2500, 0)) FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.recompute() AxisSystem = Arch.makeAxisSystem([Axes, Axes2]) Structure = Arch.makeStructure(length=200, width=200, height=100) Draft.move(Structure, FreeCAD.Vector(-100, 0, 0)) Structure.Axis = AxisSystem FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.recompute()