FreeCAD는 범용 parametric 3D CAD modeler이며, 개발은 완전 open source (LGPL License)입니다. FreeCAD is aimed directly at mechanical engineering and product design but also fits in a wider range of uses around engineering, such as architecture, finite element analysis, 3D printing, and other tasks.
FreeCAD features tools similar to CATIA, SolidWorks or Solid Edge, and therefore also falls into the category of CAD, PLM, CAx and CAE. It is a feature based parametric modeler with a modular software architecture which makes it possible to provide additional functionality without modifying the core system.
As with many CAD modelers it has many 2D components in order to sketch planar shapes or create production drawings. However, direct 2D drawing (like Inkscape or AutoCAD LT) is not the focus, neither are animation or mesh editing (like Blender, Maya, 3ds Max, or Cinema 4D). Nevertheless, thanks to its wide adaptability, FreeCAD might become useful in a much broader area than its current focus.
FreeCAD는 과학 컴퓨팅 분야의 오픈 소스 라이브러리를 많이 사용합니다. Among them are Open Cascade Technology (OCCT), a powerful CAD kernel; Coin3D, a toolkit for 3D graphics development compatible with Open Inventor; Qt, the world-famous user interface framework; and Python, a modern scripting language. FreeCAD itself can also be used as a library by other programs.
FreeCAD 는 multi-platform이며, 현재 Linux/Unix, Windows, 및 Mac OSX 에서 돌아가며 똑같은 보기와 기능을 모든 플랫폼에서 똑같은 보기와 기능을 갖고 있습니다.
For more information about FreeCAD's capabilities, take a look at the feature list, the latest release notes, and the getting started articles, or see more screenshots.
FreeCAD 프로젝트에 대해
FreeCAD 프로젝트는 2001에 시작했으며, history 페이지에 설명합니다.
FreeCAD는 열정적인 개발자와 사용자 커뮤니티가 유지하고 개발합니다 (기여자 페이지 참조). They work on FreeCAD voluntarily, in their free time. They cannot guarantee that FreeCAD contains everything you might wish, but they will do their best! The community gathers on the FreeCAD forum, where most of the ideas and decisions are discussed. Feel free to join us there!
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Hubs: User hub, Power users hub, Developer hub